Are You Ready to E-enduro?

GoldenMotor.com

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Here's a Feb 9th Century Run that invites electrics. You can carry a pretty big wad of batts and pedal along. Doubtful you can catch the Big legged semi-pros, but it's fun trying. Great platform for putting together an efficiency cruiser. Basically a time trial just south of San Jose.

Only rules:
-Bicycle required
-2k batt for 101mi Century or 1.25K batt for 63mi metric
.wee.
http://megamonster.lowkeyhillclimbs.com/2013/

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Scotto, you know I'll be pedalling and grinning! Rode last year and anticipate this one. Love getting called 'cheater' when I pass a few guys climbing the little mtns. These rabid bike clubers are serious about their anemically skinny 2 wheelers. I'll be posting a basic little mini-motor set up next week.

Some guy averaged 27mph last year with a motorized fairing recumbent. With 2K of batt, a Mac motor, the right gearing and a will to pedal, a pretty standard e-bike has a chance to top that. It would take some pedal power though.

No number, just a squirrel tail dangling from the seat.

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
You should hand business cards out to the "cheater" shouters, with a big smile as you cruise along side and then disappear on the horizon. :D

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Funny and positive, I love this forum! Follow building and training here. Rode 36miles yesterday 1/22. Bet you've got your thumpers 'dialed in' Brian, thanks for the words.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=455245#post455245

Scotto, you should unbolt your big motor and try some pedalling, you'd takeoff! And 16v4 you've put together several challenging builds. Have 'ya thought about testing your builds at an event? Very inspirational to the builder inside of us.:-||

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
If I can afford to I'll be at the race in April, it shouldn't be a problem, a couple tanks of gas and I might camp for the heck of it to save money. My motobike will fit in the back seat no problem, ideally I'd like to bring a couple if they can fit safely in my sedan.

Oh by the way, finally wiring up the Lipos tomorrow since I have a charging port for my 48v 3A charger, gonna wire it as 18Ah 44.4 as my range pack for going through town and maybe all the way to the water reservior. I think maybe it will do 15 miles alltogether, which would be great for round trips. Thanks again for your help, these will be better than 60v AGM I bet.

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
You boys should've been there! Check out the foto links down the page a bit.
Edward Lyen finished 5th against the awesome pedallers 3hr48min. Long story, I just had a good time and will have to avenge myself in 2014 5hrs46min.
http://megamonster.lowkeyhillclimbs.com/2013/results.html

My next ride is 67mile May4th in Chattanooga, TN. Those folks throw a Bar-B-Que complete with Blue Grass band after the ride.