Tucson new HB2130

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here in Tucson all bicycles must obey all Stops signs and come to a complete stop.

The new Bill HB2130 has passed! bicyclist may now treat a Stop Sign as a Yield sign.

HB 2130 states:

The addition would require cyclists slow to a reasonable speed, yield the proper right or way and then proceed through the intersection without coming to a complete stop.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
eek. if i were still in tucson i'd do a full stop anyway. not only for safety, but to draw less attn to MB's. i been out of the loop for awhile and dont know what kind of hassle you AZ boys are getting from them

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have not been bothered in like 2 years. But I constantly hear about the Big tickets (No license,registration, ect.) and your bikes being impounded for just going a few miles over the 19.999mph speed limit.

All impound bikes are sent to a junk yard in Phoenix with no chance of them being returned.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The only chance to get your bike returned is to prove some sort of ownership and a receipt for your bike from walmart does not work.

The only way I have found to prove ownership is http://www.nationalbikeregistry.com/

And yes, I still always make a complete stop. Stop means stop to me no matter what the law says.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Kiwegapawa;A Question Dave31, So what, do they give you some type of vin numbers? Or is it the frame serial numbers? Those should be called bicycle vin numbers anyway.
For the National Bike registry you use your frames serial number.

Kiwegapawa

May 2, 2011
Village of Cooper's Cave
Well, that's what I had figured. But I mentioned the VIN numbers to open food for thought. Vin = Vehicle Identification Number is what every registerd vehicle uses. And there in the "Illegal" point we are all getting jerked around on, (stopped in PA ) no matter where we live.

But in every single product you purchase, short of food, uses a receipt and serial number.

With an Officer of Law Enforcement not excepting the legal point of a receipt of that serial number sold. (Which Dave31's point of the National Bike registry is an added bonus, but doesn't change the following.) And there in seizure without due process of law is theft. No warrant or point of court action for the Seizure proposed personal property is stealing. The officer can be prosecuted for it. Get enough bicycle taken by this one Officer there in adding them up over $2,000.00 in most states, it's grand theft. He looses his job, as grand theft makes it a felony! This in your point of another thread, where you (Dave31) spoke of Seizure followed by a crusher for scape metal. Or maybe the end of the year stolen Police Bicycle Sale! On the link below, you'll have to find your own for the state your in the State Court System Web Site.

• ® © † Respectfully,.™,
• Aka;
.flg. >>>===> Son of two Retired Deputy Sheriffs, who spends time at the Law Library when possible. The Law Library is online now for all laws after 1970. New York State Law Library

Last edited: