What would you pay?

GoldenMotor.com

Hi5

Jun 2, 2009
San Jose
I'm looking into building a classic boardtracker frame and tank but was wondering what you would pay for them? I know this board is full of DIY'ers so would you even pay for one at all? A buddy who builds custom motorcycles and hot rods ever since the 60's is helping me build a jig. Just need some feedback so I can meet the typical enthusiasts price range and see if they can be built efficiently to suit that price range.

So to recap, how much would you pay for a.....

tank?

Frame?

Rolling Chassis?

I've been messing around with a few designs in 3D but it can become a reality, just as long you guys want it to be. :)

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
a really nice tank..i could pay 150 tops shipped.

fame 600.00 to 700.00 not that i want one..but thats what i think a custom frame would cost

posts some preview of your build...are you at least gonna make a proto?

Hi5

Jun 2, 2009
San Jose
a really nice tank..i could pay 150 tops shipped.

fame 600.00 to 700.00 not that i want one..but thats what i think a custom frame would cost

posts some preview of your build...are you at least gonna make a proto?
I will make a prototype for my personal use of course. I will keep you guys posted on the build and will have a separate thread. It might take awhile because another project has been parked on my driveway and I will use most of my time and funds to build it. (it's a CB750 cafe racer btw and was unexpectedly given to me for free this morning!) Plus the guy helping me build a jig is a very busy man with his main job.

But thanks for all the input. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Last edited:

Hi5

Jun 2, 2009
San Jose
I just paid $450 for this handmade frame and tank.
Now that is money well spent!! That thing is just beautiful. Hope you don't mind me using your pic as my desktop wallpaper :p Do you take it out to any car shows in FL? I bet it attracts a lot of attention. And $450, that's a steal! Give the builder a high 5 and said it was from Hi5!!

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
The pic is not my bike!! The same person that made that bike is sending me an exact frame and tank. I'm going to go with a two tone paint scheme. Cream tank and gloss black frame with felt quick brick cream tires. I'll post pics.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I just paid $450 for this handmade frame and tank.
The little 2-stroke fits perfectly in this design in my opinion. I've been thinking of doing a tribute bike to my father, and including his 3 grandsons on the project. This set-up would be perfect can you PM me the contact info? NOW I hope Jim at creative will reserve one motor for me. Dad is 75, and can still ride, I know he'd love to have a board track to ride with his name on the side!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Re: What would you pay? For A Board Track Racer!!!

Go Hi5 u can do it believe me when i say if you build them using those worksman frames & torpedo style tanks everyone who likes this style will line up to purchase them. But dont stop there if you're gonna build those also fabricate some Harley style box type tanks for those interested in a build of that style!

Peace Crazy Horse!!!

PS These could sell around $500 bucks frame & tank only!!!

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
The pic is not my bike!! The same person that made that bike is sending me an exact frame and tank. I'm going to go with a two tone paint scheme. Cream tank and gloss black frame with felt quick brick cream tires. I'll post pics.
Did you get your frame and tank yet?

That price is way too low for a frame and custom tank

Does it include the paint or is it a bare frame?

Thanks