HuaSheng 142F vs Honda GXH50 vs Dax XC50S

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
These three engines appear to be the same except for one important distinction. The HuaSheng is rated at 1.4KW or 1.88 horsepower, the Honda is rated at 2.5 horsepower and the Dax Super Titan is rated at 3 horsepower. These are substantial differences for no change in displacement. My guess is the Dax Super Titan has a different carb, a different cam, and maybe larger valves. This suggests that the output of the HuaSheng can be nearly doubled with the same upgrades. Has anyone found such upgrades for these engines? Has anyone actually tested these engines against each other? The results would be interesting..bld.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I seen agk has some upgrades for the huashang.
They have things like a cam, big bore carb, and tuned exaust.
Maybe someone else will chime in with experiences with an upgrade hs.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for pointing out the AGK site, Ocho. I checked them out and they have some good stuff for the HuaSheng. Apparently they are waiting for their boat to come in, who isn't!!!!!laff

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I think most of the difference is in the connecting rod length. The Honda's rod is actually a little bit longer (0.2mm) than the HS rod, giving it more compression.
Maybe the Super Titan has a longer rod and different cam profile. So far, it's power rating is unproven here.

Most places listing the rated power I've seen have the HS at 1.5KW and the GXH50 at 1.6KW. No one's taken apart a Super Titan yet, unfortunately.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I can tell you is that my Huasheng 49cc with AGK upgrades is the fastest 49cc 4-stroke I've seen (and own and ride) in San Diego using a single speed gearing set-up. AGK has the parts to wake this little 4-stroke up. Better top-end performance with these upgrades. And there is more to come from them......

dnut

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
All I can tell you is that my Huasheng 49cc with AGK upgrades is the fastest 49cc 4-stroke I've seen (and own and ride) in San Diego using a single speed gearing set-up. AGK has the parts to wake this little 4-stroke up. Better top-end performance with these upgrades. And there is more to come from them......

dnut
And I am waiting with baited breath...

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for the feedback, Scotto. Which upgrades seem to make the most difference? How difficult is it to istall the cam? Has anyone put a larger round slide carburetor on one or is the "Big Bore" the best route?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks for the feedback, Scotto. Which upgrades seem to make the most difference? How difficult is it to istall the cam? Has anyone put a larger round slide carburetor on one or is the "Big Bore" the best route?
All the upgrades combined give a noticeable difference in performance. The cam is a breeze to install and the AGK re-worked and over-bored carb worked best for me.

dnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So you are racing your fast 49 cc Huasheng at
Grange Motor Circuit in 14 days? :D

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
So you are racing your fast 49 cc Huasheng at
Grange Motor Circuit in 14 days? :D
Not until I win a 4-stroke shift kit for it.........so no, not this time....sorry fellas.

Look at that game face! :D
Game face? I was thinkin', look at the fat gut on that ol' phart!

Oh wait.....that's me???

rotfl laff dance1

I'll just be racing the 212cc Slant at the next 2 races in June......see ya on the track.....#3

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
There are at least 5 versions of the 142 engine not to mention the different manufactures of the 142 with KW ratings from 1.32-1.99 kw and it just depends on supplier and manufacturer and their preferences. The same Applies for the chinese 48cc 139QMB 4 strokes as well which make anywhere from 2.5-3.5 hp. Know this.. KW or HP is the rate and not the power.. Torque is the power or force measured in Nm or Ft Lbs, HP is the rate at which this force is applied. The Super Titan is Super and will walk away from the GXH 50. The Main problem for me with the GXH50 is that it only can be found with the Straight cut shaft with key way and there just is not as many applications for this as there are for the 3 inch clutch versions.. Also.. The Titan and Super Titans have extra oiling grooves on the Con rod to aid in oiling, which the Honda does not have and this is a point of failure for the GXH50 engine. Enjoy the ride.. :)

Last edited:

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks for your detailed explanation of some of the differences between these nifty 50s. There seems to be a good bit of misinformation on the subject which is why I started the thread. Your information helps clear up some of the confusion and will aid members in making purchases that best meet their needs. There is a saying that informed customers are happy customers. As such, providing the best information available on these products seems to be in the interest of both vendors and buyers. This forum is very helpful in that regard. By the way, I had no idea there are 5 versions of the 142!!

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As a note of interest, although not pertaining to the Honda GXH 50's and clones, I saw that the Predator 212cc is also produced with an electric start version.......just saw one yesterday and it wasn't at Harbor Freight. Interesting to me anyway.

Thanks Duane for shedding some light on the question at hand.

dnut