99cc Predator Engine Advice

GoldenMotor.com

Dwight Pierce

Apr 11, 2012
Warrior, AL
I just bought the engine and my intent is to put his on a bike and have enough power to climb anything I will encounter on roads. I live in hilly terrain. Any advice on drive train would be appreciated. Can I do this with a single speed bike?

Dwight
usflg

Len455

Mar 11, 2012
Phoenix az
Go into 4 The 4 stroke section or sear at the bar up top. just search predator build and you will get tons of info. Sorry i cant give you any real answers, i like 2 strokes to much. :) good luck and enjoy.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
from what I can tell, you wont find anything you can use at mfgsupply. affordablegokarts.com has a transmission designed for the predator for $135, which is likely to be the lowest priced transmission that is speciically designed for the predator, and possibly the only mass produced. there are other transmissions that will fit, but none that are specifically designed for the predator, unless you design your own. like I said, the tranny is $135. if you remove the gov which is recommended if you want more power, the clutch that will engage at the proper rpm is $49. with this transmission, a 12 tooth clutch, and a 56 tooth rear sprocket, you final ratio will be 11.4:1, which another member tells me will be a good balance between speed and climb. this is just one option, but its the option I am going with when I install my predator. just some food for thought.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I read another members post where he said it was not the 5/8 measurement that was incorrect, but the 16mm measurement. he had a part machined to 16mm and it didnt fit. after using a mic, he detected that 5/8 was the correct measurement. just what I read somewhere.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
before you post incorrect info you better do your research....
on some 99cc preds 5/8s stuff will NOT fit better ask Wayne why he bought a 16mm reamer

as for saying gokart parts will not fit WTF you think a cvt is used on

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Easy fix, start the engine and hold some sandpaper over the
over sized shaft while idling the engine to reduce the size.

The 16 mm output shaft is only .001" too large in diameter.
On both my Preddys, the pto shafts measured .630. That is 5 thousands to large, not .001.

If it was only .001 difference, the accesories could easily be heated a little and installed, or even banged on cold with a BFH.

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
My first predator has a 16mm shaft,but I bought a new one and its shaft is 5/8" so maybe this problem is solved....I think that quality control over there is not what it should be!....Tigmaster....

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
ok yank, just saying what I read, thats all. one particular member just happened to have a part machined to 16mm and it didnt fit. after using a mic, he detected that his crank was 5/8. thats just what I read. Apparently not all the cranks on the 99cc preds are the same. I never said go kart parts wouldnt fit. I said it didnt look like any of the parts from mfgsupply would work. the reason I say this is because I looked at their website, and none of the parts I looked at are 5/8 OR 16mm. So whatever size the crank is, mfgsupply doesnt appear to carry parts that fit it. I could be wrong, but all I said was FROM WHAT I COULD TELL. you need to stop treating people like their stupid. I can tell you're one of those guys who thinks everyone should be as smart as you, and anyone who's not, you put them down. thats not right.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
My first predator has a 16mm shaft,but I bought a new one and its shaft is 5/8" so maybe this problem is solved....I think that quality control over there is not what it should be!....Tigmaster....
TigMaster
Actualy if you think about it the USA is more of the problem as we are one of a few countries that have not switched completely over to the metric system.
So it is harder to find metric parts here then it is in say..... Italy or France or one of the Soviet Block

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
ok yank, just saying what I read, thats all. one particular member just happened to have a part machined to 16mm and it didnt fit. after using a mic, he detected that his crank was 5/8. thats just what I read. Apparently not all the cranks on the 99cc preds are the same. I never said go kart parts wouldnt fit. I said it didnt look like any of the parts from mfgsupply would work. the reason I say this is because I looked at their website, and none of the parts I looked at are 5/8 OR 16mm. So whatever size the crank is, mfgsupply doesnt appear to carry parts that fit it. I could be wrong, but all I said was FROM WHAT I COULD TELL. you need to stop treating people like their stupid. I can tell you're one of those guys who thinks everyone should be as smart as you, and anyone who's not, you put them down. thats not right.

remember what I said about reading all the builds and studing the parts they used and how they fit togather then looking around the web and picturing in your mind if that part would work in your build how and why....

Guess you didn't listen. There are things you have to learn to do the job right. Arguing with those that are trying to help you and being stubborn and not listening to the people trying to help will make others not want to help you at all. Posting the wrong info will not help you either.

There are those that build nicely done functional and GREAT looking rides and then there are those that buy them already built.

PLAN ahead or you next build might end up as an example of how not to do a build.

you want sugar coated go to MR. BULKIES
http://mrbulkytreats.com/

as Tigmaster said his second motor was 5/8s shaft
Comet CSC 400 Series. 35 Chain. 5/8" Bore, 11 teeth.
Part #: 209748A
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gom...entcomet/gominiclutchcometcsc400/209748a.html
Comet CSC 400 Series. 35 Chain. 5/8" Bore, 12 teeth.
Part #: 211627A
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gom...entcomet/gominiclutchcometcsc400/211627a.html
Hilliard Extreme Duty Centrifugal Clutch. 5/8" bore, 12 tooth, 35 chain
Part #: H5835
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominiclutch/gominiclutchcent/gominiclutchcenthilliard/h5835.html
Hilliard Extreme Duty Centrifugal Clutch. 5/8" bore, 10 tooth, 40/41 chain
Part #: H5841
11 teeth, #35 Chain, 5/8" Bore Max Torque Centrifugal Clutch
Part #: 4-456
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominiclutch/gominiclutchcent/gominiclutchcentmax/4-456.html

heres the cvt most are using or the china copy of it
http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gom...qtav30/gominiclutchtorqtav30kits/218353a.html

So MFGSUPPLY has nothing that will work to build a motor assisted bicycle... thats news to me

is this enough links or shall I post links to sprocket jackshaft parts motormount plate Chain chain breaker and many more parts that can be used?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yea they prolly had it changed after a bunch of returns because the customers accesory whatever wouldn't fit.