Super Titan In-Frame?

GoldenMotor.com
May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
I don't see much on this engine...I'm hoping to get it as an in-frame kit. It's gonna be a daily commuter, so would y'all reccommend it? Or something else? Thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any questions you have you should call DAX, Duane, direct. He's very good about answering questions about his products and offering advice.

His number is on his website. (303-459-2780)
Tom

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
I called and he said they're our of stock at the moment...I think I'm gonna go with it, but it'll probably be 3 months before I get it. (Gonna be putting my money towards bike upgrades for awhile before I get the engine ;) )

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, I have a Dax super Titan in my garage waiting to be released from it's cage and mounted on a bike.
I'm just waiting for something to go wrong between me and my china ladies relationship and break up.

Want kind of parts are you thinking about getting?
I want that long header pipe from dax web site along with the high flow air filter from ago website. xct2

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Tennessee law: 55-8-101(34)

(34) “Motorized bicycle” means a vehicle with two (2) or three (3) wheels, an automatic transmission, and a motor with a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters (50cc) which produces no more than two (2) brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the vehicle at a maximum design speed of no more than thirty miles per hour (30 mph) on level ground. The operator of a motorized bicycle must be in possession of a valid operator's or chauffeur's license, and shall be subject to all applicable and practical rules of the road. A motorized bicycle may not be operated on a highway of the interstate and defense highway system, any similar limited access multilane divided highway, or upon sidewalks;

Last edited:

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Try to stay away from manual clutches here in Tennessee. Get a drive system which uses a centrifugal clutch. My brother and x brother in law ran into each other and both got hurt. Knox country Tennessee charged both of them for operating an improper vehicle on the public roadways. The judge said they were improper because of the manual clutches.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does the DAX kit have a centrifugal clutch?
Yes, it does.
The Dax Titan is just a renamed Huasheng 50cc that has the
centrifugal clutch built into the side of the motor.

The DAX Super Titan is a Titan with a sticker that says
"Super Titan" on the pull starter.

ALL the 4 stroke in frame kits based on the Honda GX 50
and it's Chinese "clone" the Huasheng 50 cc use centrifugal
clutches.

The only 50 cc 4 stroke gearbox or kit that used a manual
clutch was the Silent Drive gearbox made by EZ Motorbike
and it is no longer made.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I am building a 4 stroke and started out with the dax super titan. I was intrigued that it has more horse power than the other 49cc's (he claims it has 3hp). I asked Duane if its the same motor, how can it have more horsepower than all the rest? He didnt have an answer. I think its BS, they are all the same, just with different transmissions. So when I got it, I realized the final chain drive won't fit on the standard hub adapters because it uses an 8mm chain. Also, with a 3:1 reduction, you need a huge sprocket if you plan to replace the crap rag joint set up it comes with. He said rag joints are better than Sprocket adapters and tried to make me believe they strengthen the spokes. He then told me my Chinese two stroke I bought from him was made in the USA. That's when I stopped believing anything he said. I ended up returning the motor to him because I was not satisfied and I wish i did a little more research before I bought it, but live and learn. When he received my package, he claimed the choke lever broke on the Carb, and now wants me to replace the whole carb and pay 30 for labor! We are still in dispute about this and has not been resolved yet. That's the end of me doing business with Duane.

Now I have an ezm kit, and it seems much better quality. I have not started it yet though, so nothing to report until a few more weeks.

May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
OK, so now I'm looking at getting a huasheng 50cc and either the 4G transmission, the Q-Matic, or another transmission I don't know about ;)

Basically I need reliability. As much as I wanna pay as little as possible, reliability is alot more important to me, so I'm willing to pay extra for something that'll last longer. So which transmission should I get?

Also I heard that I need to upgrade the huasheng parts with parts from AGK for best performance/reliability. Which ones should I get?

Thank you all for your help!! :)