Just Picked up a Schwinn Voyageur GSD

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
Tonight, I made a grueling 4-hour trip on the ice-covered streets in my 300zx in order to pick up a seemingly awesome Schwinn Voyageur hybrid bicycle for my next motorbike project. The bike was owned by a friendly older gentleman who lives in an apartment on a lake. After fish-tailing all over the place while climbing the steep hill to his apartment, I examined the bike in question.

The bike looked like it had just left the show-room. I could not find a single scratch on the frame. While the components are generally lower-end, this bike does come with 2 disc brakes, quality front shock fork, and seat shock absorber. While the quality of the bike itself impressed me, the owner did not mention all of the extra components that were included with the bike.

I counted the following extra components that did not come on the bike itself:

$40- bike bag
$18- lock
$36- Topeak tool bag wedge
$15- kick stand
$10- rear blinker light
$20- front light
?- schwinn bike pump
$20?- gel seat cover

The bike itself cost about $350 new 3 years ago. In total, I paid $175 for everything. Do you think that this will make a good platform for my new GT50R motor and friction drive kit? I feel kind of bad that I only paid him $175 because he is a very nice man. Sorry about the poor quality of the picture. I will grab some more tomorrow.

Attachments

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
looks like a good platform for motoring :)
you both did good,
he got some scratch for something that was hardly used,,,
you got a motorized bike in the raw (with a few extra goodies !!!)