Tell me your secrets EPA exhaust!

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Got bored, had hacksaw here are the pictures.

I was sort of curious to see if I could get the environment=happy bits out of the potato and into my drag pipe. Unfortunately looks like I cannot.

Was totally blown away by how shoddy the welds are inside of this thing, I kinda get the impression that the middle bit of pipe (which contains the catalytic corrugated stuff) is not made specifically for this, because the rest of the design seems just to be to get it to fit into the existing muffler.
also, with the catalytic converter in there (shoddy welds not withstanding) this thing is a two chamber exhaust. I may chop it up a bit more later (I would still like to get the guts into the pipe I am using, you know for the polar bears or whatever) if I do, I will share some more pictures.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I cut one open once. But I seem to remember it being different from that inside.

But, just like you, I didn't find anything in there that I could really work with.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
to be totally honest i just was hoping i could cram something into my exhaust as a baffle (environmentally friendly or not) I am more than a little worried about loud pipes attracting blues...

I might try some more disassembly today, if i can pull the palladium out of that tube i should be able to slip just the insert into my pipe (then keeping it in there becomes the problem).

i was rolling around an idea in my head for a butterfly valve inside the pipe instead of a bell on the handlebars...