my 12V lighting diagram

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
hmm... there's a coupla variations possible w/even a basic harness, however I'd suggest a few things - like there's no need to switch the negatives and the positives as interrupting just the positive works equally well, you've both three pole toggle switches but they're wired differently (headlight one is suspect), it's generally a good idea to include a small inline fuse w/any harness (to batt), you could run the grounds as a chassis ground to save some wiring & I suppose a blinker relay would be handy...

If yer gonna run LED blinkers you'll need something like this: LED Turn Signal Flash Controller Relay 3 Pin as there's not enough current draw to use one meant for incandescent bulbs.

Hope this helps :)

edit: if you're incandescent there's this lil kit that includes a relay and a three position handlebar switch (same as Puch moped), though you might save a few pennies ordering components separately: Universal Turn Signal Wiring Kit

Last edited:

Deiseldave

Dec 8, 2012
Warren, PA
remember this is just a rough draft to get ideas on what I'm gonna do for the lighting for my new build when I get the money. I plan on running the wires thru the tubing to make it look good

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Are you going to be running it purely off the battery and charging it at home, or are you going to be running it off the motor using the battery as a filter/emergency power source? If the former, you'll want to go with LED's, they'll help you get more time out of your lights unless you're only going to be doing short runs. If the latter, you'll want a rectifier to convert the motor energy to DC power, you could probably get away with a small battery pack from Radio Shack (or The Source) and using rechargable batteries.

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I bought two sequential directionals, two amber marker lights, and a running light/stop light from a truck supply web site. It's all 12 volt that i run off a 12 volt EVO 2 which seems to last forever between charges. I posted a video but it doesn't show the switchs on the handlebar or how I hooked up the brake light to the brake control.

http://youtu.be/xQj_t5gF6R4

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I bought two sequential directionals, two amber marker lights, and a running light/stop light from a truck supply web site. It's all 12 volt that i run off a 12 volt EVO 2 which seems to last forever between charges. I posted a video but it doesn't show the switchs on the handlebar or how I hooked up the brake light to the brake control.

http://youtu.be/xQj_t5gF6R4
What truck supply website did you get it from?

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Sorry bout that should have listed it.

the website is www.towmart.com and the guy who's website it is, real cool, he got exactly what i was looking for and had some suggestions.

While I am at it, I have a rocker lighted switch on the handlebar so when I make a left turn it lights up the left side and same with the right. The light reminds me my directionals are still going. I went nuts looking for a lighted rocker and found one at Mouser electronics in Mansfield, TX. Their number is 800-346-6873 The switch comes in two pieces, you need part number 691-VVCNC and part number 691-V6D2D66B Their website is www.mouser.com

The wire, shrink tubes, etc. I got a local hardware store.

Safe riding

Sho