Hand pump oil thingy for BTR????

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK. Im starting to assemble parts for a reserection of my BTR build. Im hopeing to find or replicate a oil pump to be mounted on the bike but have NO idea how to search for it. Just try searching ebay for oil pump vintage oil pump ect ya get >2000 items. Who has made their own non functional replica and how did you do it? OR tell me the corect search criteria. Theres always the possability I'm just being stupid; so school me please. :)

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Something else you can look out for, I've inherited a number of old Primus stoves, the sort that run on paraffin (kerosene if you're forring), and theyre brass and contain a pump. Whether it's worth vandalising such a dear old thing is up to you. Having said that, it would be nice to have a vintage stove as part of a stand or display, so perhaps you'd better not.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Check Ebay in aircraft parts, for an old brass fuel primer(Lunkenheimer?). May be sorta pricey but there are about the same size as the old oil pumps.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Got It! $16.00 and free shipping! The auction says the unknown brass tool next to the pump is "approximately 6 1/2 inches long, and 3/4 inch in diameter" So thats about what the pump would be if compleatly collapsed. Found it listed as "vintage brass kerosene lantern hand pressure pump" Thanks guys! Ill post pics once i get it back from the chromer.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi Velodrome...I've been looking at something I can make one out off for my project.....probally several different options....make it from scratch.....or use a brass-copper incedside pump..most of it already made....just have to shorten it down the plunger to size and make a nice brass knob end for it...DD

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Groovie DD. Thats the one thing I'm not excited about on this one. wood handle... But hey. $16 and the right size or there abouts.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If the threads are right, a bakelite or plastic knob might fit. And what about furinture knobs/handles?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I've been twiddeling that in the back of my little mind and will be posting back once it arrives. IF the wood knob just simply unscrews, that would make the job quite easy.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Modern high strength adhesives would solve the fitting problem, just drill to the required size, asemble, wait.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Here is my manual oil pump. What does it actually do? Absolutely looks freaking cool! It has a spring in in and you can go through the motions as if you were actually pumping oil. I've done it at stop lights in traffic and people go "OOOOH". :)