79cc Preddy in a Worksman Newsboy Frame... Will it fit?

GoldenMotor.com

Bebop

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto
I've gotten one china girl build under my belt, and I've now rebuilt or replaced just about everything on the bike trying to keep her going. Fed up with the chinsy two strokes, and I'm wanting to get started into a boardtracker build off of a worksman newsboy frame that I've been able to source locally. I'm going to be going with the EZ Q-matic, and a 79cc predator engine (though the 212cc is getting my panties moist, might be tricky to mount).

I know that Worksman does sell the drop frame, and it might be necessary, HOWEVER I already have cheap and convenient access to the Stock Newsboy frame, and if there was a way to make it work, my life would be oh so much easier!!! Unfortunately I have zero experience with welding. I do consider myself an expert tinkerer, and I'm willing to bring it in to a local shop to get something custom done, but I'm not sure how I'd go about it, or what sort of pricepoint I would be looking at for frame modifications...

Long time lurker here, and first time posting... Will be providing pics along with build process over the next few days. Any advice is always helpful!!!

Cheers folks!
laff

Bebop

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Welcome bop! The INB frame is a great choice for a build BUT you are going to have to get "creative" to make a big o'll predi 79 fit in there. I've done a IMB build but if I hadnt had the frame drooplooped I never would have squeezed the little flathead in that it now has. I dont weld either. but knew a good fabricator that did :) Might wanna go that route OR get a good Roadmaster frame; that MIGHT fit the 79/99 motors ( Mabey ) Search "ITS THE POPE " to see a little 98cc flathead in a INB frame. Still on the snug side.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I'd have to agree with Velo. The INB is a tough bicycle but even a china two stroke is a tight fit. The HF79cc is a good little motor, though, and makes a solid motorbike engine.

Bebop

Jan 30, 2015
Toronto
Hey thanks so much guys!! I think I'm going to go the route of hiring someone to fabricate the drop loop. I wish I could do it all myself, but this looks somewhat unavoidable... with the speeds I'm looking to get out of the 79cc and qmatic trans I should probably not mess with the frame and end up with an unsafe hackjob at the end of the day!!! Do you folks know what ballpark price wise I would be looking at to get something like this done? Just so I know what I'm getting into, and to make sure I don't get hosed!!! Thanks again guys, super helpful!!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Don't spend more than a drop loop frame you can already buy direct from Worksman. Besides, then you can buy bolt-in engine mounts for the HF79cc engine.