Leaf Spring forks are here! Well almost.

GoldenMotor.com

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
There are a couple of leaf spring fork options for us now. Jerry has some listed on eBay and Boze will have some listed on www.Pistonbikes.com soon!

Looks like one set is leading and one set it trailing. Pricing is up there at around $200 but these are custom made in low quantity so remember that and also remember that they will really set your bike apart and give it that vintage look.

If I remember correctly my whole bike cost around $200 in the beginning but it progressed and eventually cost quite a bit more.

Some pics are attached!

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I may well be wrong but I can't see anyone making a huge profit at that price and if you want that style springer fork for your bike it's worth that price.

steve.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Totally a deal! I am so after a pair, and then. Listed on eBay $225 plus shipping. Now I am not so sure. The eBay shipping calculator is dorked. Seems to think US $5.68 to ship from Az to Wa (state) No way thats correct! I was ready to pull the trigger on this as soon as I read about it. Seems a bit high now.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I learned really quickly to message the seller with my zip to get the real shipping price. Also learned if there is no shipping cost information, chances are you never will hear from them when you ask for it.

This is where their profit is and if you back out of the sale they go to ebay and whine about you being a non paying buyer. You can bet that ebay sides with them. I got caught once and had to go through with the sale but when it came to leaving feed back I got even. They left a bunch of crap on my feed back until I stay on ebay's tail and they removed it. It's rare that you win.

Steve.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
If you do an eBay search under leaf spring forks you will find them among the top search results.
It looks like a good set for the price, but he doesn't have much info like head tube size or length.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Overall I like the look of the fork on eBay but as ocho ninja mentions there is a little info missing. Also, the distance from the axle to the head tube doesn't look proportional to me. I would want to be sure I wasn't going to mess with the geometry of the bike too much before dropping that much money on a fork. If I could be sure it was a drop in on my Felt I would consider it.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
There are a couple of leaf spring fork options for us now. Jerry has some listed on eBay and Boze will have some listed on www.Pistonbikes.com soon!

Looks like one set is leading and one set it trailing. Pricing is up there at around $200 but these are custom made in low quantity so remember that and also remember that they will really set your bike apart and give it that vintage look.

If I remember correctly my whole bike cost around $200 in the beginning but it progressed and eventually cost quite a bit more.

Some pics are attached!
Darkhawk22, just wanted to say although his are $250.00 plus shipping Chuck may still have these to sell. I haven't spoke to him in over year and half. Here's the Link to Halcyon Cycle Works website for his version of Leaf Spring Forks!

http://halcyoncycleworks.com/pricing.html

I think I have a large pic but I don't remember the dimensions / measurements for Chucks Leaf Spring Forks.

Here's a closeup picture of Chucks Leaf Spring Forks mounted

C.H.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Anyone have an update on the ones that Piston Bikes was supposed to be selling? There was a guy on facebook boze I think he went by that said he was working with Piston Bikes but I haven't seen them listed as of yet.