chain popping off engine sprocket help!

GoldenMotor.com

Noobcycling

Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
I have just bought this Grubee Skyhawk GT5 motor from bike berry and am having extreme issues, ive had one of these before and never had these kind of issues..

my only issue from keeping me on the road is the chain keeps popping off the engine sprocket ...and ive heard its a pretty common problem

i cant keep the idler on it because the chain keeps pulling the idler into my spokes. (not very fun)

the allignment seems off by a tiny bit, any ideas on how to slightly cock the engine to the right to make it allign right? ive tried almost every other option..:-||

ive looked around using google(who knew?)

and im going to try lubing the chain and checking if its just getting bunched up.
seems like the chain will just get stuck inside the crankcase or just pop off

any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated, and yes my sprocket spins fine and is flush on the spokes and all

and back wheel spin with less then 1/8 inch of play in the axel

send any suggestions or options please

much appreciated, your very own noob

qwerty1

Sep 22, 2011
in a house
First.

Attach a wire pointer to the rear stay.Wrap it around the stay.
That almost touches the teeth of the sprocket.
Spin the rear wheel noting that the sprocket stays the same distance from the wire pointer end. both radially and axially. The sprocket MUST be even Back and forth and round and round.

If the sprocket is aligned check the engine.

Your frame is off center or more likely the engine mount is slightly off center.
Use this to correct the off center condition.

From sick bike parts website.
As noted also please verify and select the center to center spacing of your engine studs. The two sizes are ~1.6" (~41 mm) and ~1.9" (~48 mm). These are approximate distances because the engine studs may not be perfectly parallel. UNQUOTE

Large Universal front mount for the Chinese 2 stroke.

Sick Bike Parts

Lastly file the edges of the front and rear sprockets. they sometimes are very rough.

Your bent axle is not a good thing.
As your rear wheel rotates it either goes up down up down, or left right left right.

Fix it

Last edited: