Hoy

GoldenMotor.com

odds91

Aug 3, 2010
Michigan
What's goin on? I'm Rob, and I've seen this forum pop up a couple times when I was searching for my first motorized bike kit. It's a pleasure to be here, but I also have a question about the 66/80cc magneto magnet. Yesterday I was checking my magneto coil and I ended up taking out the magneto magnet, and the magnetic notch also came out with it. When putting it back together, I was *trying* to be careful, but the little thing just flew out of my hands and I can no longer find it.... Is this notch magnet for the magneto magnet something critical? Or can the engine still start without one? If it can't, what should i do to get a replacement?

Motor: [Chinese "Rico Group" 66/80cc 2 stroke engine mounted on a mountain bike]

Thank you for your time :]

:-||

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey odds91, Welcome to the forum glad you joined us.

Yes! you do need that or your motor will not run properly . It is called a woodruff key and I have in the past picked one up at my local Ace Hardware store.

Last edited:

odds91

Aug 3, 2010
Michigan
Ahh thank you fairracing!

The only thing I'm unsure of is the size of the woodruff key I'd need for my 66cc engine magneto magnet. If you have any ideas as to what the dimensions might be, I'd really appreciate it! :]

Thanks again,

rob M.