Sprocket for electric bike

GoldenMotor.com

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I'm trying to find a sprocket to go with the motor I have, a MY1020 that has a T8F drive sprocket (11 tooth). It maxes at about 3k rpm. I was just going to get a 44 tooth sprocket I think.
Anyway, I can't find any sprockets that will go with the T8F chain, and I can't find a drive sprocket for the motor that goes with #41 chains. Any suggestions? I was going to get a wheel from here: http://custommotoredbicycles.com/sprockets_for_disc_brake_hubs_universal_disc_sprocket_adapter

(disc brake adapter)

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Oh, I was just going to use the wheel from customotoredbicycles.com. It's just using a 6 bolt disc brake adapter.

I think those T8F sprockets are too small? I suppose I'll need to drill my own holes in the sprocket so that I can bolt it to the disc adapter?

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You indicated a 44t. Maybe you should run a few numbers through a speed/ratio calc here on the forum. May give you a better idea. Maybe you will get lucky and the three holes on the sprocket will line up to three of the discs holes at the hub. Other wise align and drill carefully. I would probably stay with the T8F since the motor is set up that way. Its a pretty stout little chain and the motor was originally designed to use it.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
You're right, I forgot about the internal gear reduction in the 2 stroke motors. I'll get the biggest sprocket I can find (currently 74 tooth) which sets the speed tentatively to 35mph. Which surely this motor won't be able to push to.

I'm not really planning on riding this bike around, it's more of a learning thing for the circuits I've made for it, so I think that'll be ok.