Big Boy Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The dog is a Corgi, they were originally cattle herding dogs in Wales. That's the shape they are.

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Kool bike!
Could we see the other side please and who cut off that dogs legs?
Here's a couple more pics of the bike, and yes, Coaster doesn't get much
respect, but he's the sweetest little bugger!

The tank was really fun to build on this bike, took some hours, but tested
leak free on the first try. I've got a Schwinn I bought new over 30 years
ago, and another Whizzer engine.... May have to chop it up!!

Timm.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Awesome bikes. Your Corgi's brought back fond memories of three little Corgis I had at one time. What characters they were. Tasha, Tippi & Bill, the three little cowboys. Little herding dogs with big boy barks. I've read that they were bred in part from foxes. One variety has a bushy tail like a fox. Smart dogs.
SB

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
So that Whizzer motor with the head job ( gigity ) How does one go about getting one O them. That's a REALLY good looking motor for a future project I have ageing / maturing in the garage for lack of a proper looking motor, that works well at that angle of forward tilt. Thanks in advance for any direction you can give. And I wasn't having a go at the dog. I always ask rotties and dock'd tail dogs "who stole your tail" :) EDIT: looking at it again. DANG that's gonna be one sexy ride!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Is that one of those HF workbenches in the pic with the whizzer? If so how is the quality? I am always tempted to order one when they are on sale...like this month. One more thing, are you guys planning on selling a non complete bike for the DIYer.

Last edited:

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Is that one of those HF workbenches in the pic with the whizzer? If so how is the quality? I am always tempted to order one when they are on sale...like this month. One more thing, are you guys planning on selling a non complete bike for the DIYer.
Yes, that's a HF workbench, and the quality is pretty good considering the price. As far as offering a non-complete bike, Roland and I have entertained the idea, for sure.
I guess our main hesitation is having to provide answers to the bazillion questions that could arise !! Two things we have thought about are just a bare frame/tank, and a bare steel "roller" with wheels and fork.
These frames will accept many different engines, but it would be up to the builder to iron out the details!!scratg

Bigboy

May 4, 2011
Placerville, California.
Another gorgeous bike from you guys.

Is there suspension built into your front wheel?
Love that exhaust tip.

Please take lots of pics before you hand it off to your happy customer.

The front fork on this bike is the same torsional rubber earls style as
most of our bikes use, and this thing rides and handles SOOOO good!!

The customer took it home in the raw, as his friend is a custom painter.

He was going to dis-assemble and paint it right away, but he was having so much fun riding it that he waited a few weeks to do that. We'll post pictures as soon as it's painted !!