Briggs 97cc 3hp 4 stroke with 5/8" clutch

GoldenMotor.com

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
i have a 3 hp briggs engine for sale. i fabricated an intake manifold to accept the 2 stroke carb so i could use the throttle. it has a usa made #41 clutch 10t i have put maybe 100 miles on it running a 12:1 gear ratio on a occ chopper. i am selling because i dont want to register the bike it was fun to build but am back to 2 strokes. the clutch was 40 on ebay. 30 to machine the keyway and tap the crank. i also painted the starter and crank cover. MAKE ME AN OFFER!! would like this to go to some one who could give it a good home engine runs very strong. i cleaned all the carbon deposits when i removed the shaft to be machined. this is for the ENGINE ONLY!! will ship i like in idaho

Attachments

Last edited:

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
you mean the serial number??..model number?? i dont know.. its an older engine probably late 70s.. the first 2 numbers are there but the model numbers are rubbed off.. sorry.. my briggs dealer was able to ID it by locating a shroud like it in his pars yard

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If it was the original shroud I would, but really need the numbers to know what is inside. The three hp is 127cc. Edit; the numbers tell what's inside as far as steel cylinder sleeved, and bearing set up.

Last edited:

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
its all original... but there arent any crank bearings on it.. i measured the stroke and bore googled it or something.. came up to 97cc i think...the starter is the one with the bearings not the round one with tabs.. "newer" ones... its got a free wheel mechanism... was thinking about making it a kick start and retaining pedals and sayin it was 49cc lol....think it was 2 1/2" bore X 2" stroke... might be only a 2hp....