Motorized bike problems

GoldenMotor.com

Mattrlewis

Jul 28, 2012
Scarborough
Hey first time here but I got a 80cc motorized bike pree sure a Chinese model has bunch symbols but anywho I had it running good wen I had it but had to tighten the chain so did that and now she's good to ride I try runing the engine but won't start it sounds like it wants to start but nothing any ideas

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Da enjin neads fore thins for it too start it neads kompression, fule, ayer, and sparc yoo nede too figur out wich of the 4 is missin or knot in da corect rateo fer ur enjine two start try seaing if it is mising sparck ferst and than goe frum their good luk if u dont hav spark than considher cheking maagneto or cdi thear is a lot uf infomation regaurding dis subjact and u may considher doing a search gud luck in diagnosing your issue.

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Da enjin neads fore thins for it too start it neads kompression, fule, ayer, and sparc yoo nede too figur out wich of the 4 is missin or knot in da corect rateo fer ur enjine two start try seaing if it is mising sparck ferst and than goe frum their good luk if u dont hav spark than considher cheking maagneto or cdi thear is a lot uf infomation regaurding dis subjact and u may considher doing a search gud luck in diagnosing your issue.
No offense bro but I could barely even translate that.

"The engine needs four things for it to start; compression, fuel, air, and spark. You need to figure out which 4 is missing or not in the correct ratio for your engine to start. Try by seeing if it's missing spark first, and then go from there. Good luck, if you don't have spark then consider checking magneto or cgi. There is a lot of information regarding this subject and you may consider doing a search, good luck in diagnosing your issue. "

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles

When I read that the voice I hear is Jar Jar Binks. :D

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
There is a list of things to check but if you did like me and tried to mix fuel & oil in the tank oil goes to the bottom of the tank and fouled out my plug...pretty easy to pull the plug & look at. Oh yea and by the way welcome to motorbicycling.com

Where is Scarborough in Canada?

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Ontario,somewhere.
lol
good chance the plug is fouled.or engine is flooded.
i get this occasionally,a little too much choke.
then its a little grumpy to get it to stay running.
guess i should change my plug too.

also,welcome to the site.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
No offense bro but I could barely even translate that.

"The engine needs four things for it to start; compression, fuel, air, and spark. You need to figure out which 4 is missing or not in the correct ratio for your engine to start. Try by seeing if it's missing spark first, and then go from there. Good luck, if you don't have spark then consider checking magneto or cgi. There is a lot of information regarding this subject and you may consider doing a search, good luck in diagnosing your issue. "
i know drewd can spell properly, and so believe he was poking fun at the op's misspelling of words.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
FYI - I don't think "poking fun" at anyone's spelling abilities is a particularly prudent plan as the staff here despises the self appointed grammar gestapo types...

Just sayin'...

For everyone else there's tinyspell ;)