fuel line not full

GoldenMotor.com

bigrskip

Jul 1, 2012
Kansas
I can not seem to get my fuel line full of fuel, and the motor will not idle when I let off the throttle adjusting the air fuel screw does nothing....Any ideas?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
have you checked the fuel flow thru the petcock with the fuel line disconnected from the carb?

you need to adjust the idle screw to increase rpms, not the air fuel screw.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
depending on carburetor,the screw you mention will hold the slide partially open.to adjust it you need to open the throttle partway and turn screw in.
if its the idle mixture screw,and its doing nothing,most likely you have an air leak between carb and manifold.would also explain stalling at idle.

the fuel line will probably not be full of fuel.mine isnt.my filter is only about 1/2 full at best.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Air in the fuel line could be caused by the fuel line sucking air . When you shut the bike off look for bubbles forming in the fuel line by the connection at the carb or fuel valve . Try flicking the fuel line with your finger also to see if bubbles form in the fuel line . The clear fuel lines need to be changed every now and then because they get hard and won't seal very good once that happens .

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I also have this problem, I always flick my filter only to see just a few cc's of fuel drop. You are right though, when the engine want to take the fuel it will.