Please Help no start

GoldenMotor.com

Jeremy

Mar 19, 2012
Garden City, Kansas
I have been having problems with my moterized bicycle lately. Previously i have been having problems with the spark plug boot but solved that with changing to a connector from a car spark plug boot. and now after my bike runnig perfectly for about a month it will not start. I can sit there and petal for 7 blocks straight and it will not ignite at all. then after trying for about fifteen min. i got it to start... kinda it was not ignigting tight it sounded kindof sick andwould not propell me much and then it would die and same thing happens when i try it for a while. but now in present tense it will not start nomater what i do. if you have any thoughts or any useful info. please do not hesitate to help and thank you very much!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Re: Please Help

First off I want to welcome you to the best MB forum I could find. Not only do we have a wide range of knowledgeable members, and the most active, but should you have questions, the response time is really fast.

We have numerous “stickies” that cover just about any aspect on MB’s, along with a “SEARCH” function. Although at times it isn’t the easiest to use. This is due to that the title of the post that isn’t specific enough. Posting titles like “Help” doesn’t help others doing a search, and I and others tend to pass them up at times, only going back a later time, which makes an answer longer to get.

Should you have a question, and to make it easier on members, Please state specifics about your subject, such as a engine problem, tell us what engine you have, along with any other important information that we night need to help you, like what carburetor you have if known. A picture is always helpful. Like the saying a picture is like a 1000 words, also we may see something that might needs to be addressed. Believe me; it happens more often then not. We know that there are those that are not knowledgeable, or are mechanically challenged, so there is not a stupid question, although I think that sometimes, so bear with me. Hey what do you expect with 50 years of wrenches in my hands, but we all had to start somewhere.

For those that are not knowledgeable on the terms of parts on a China 2 cycle (some are specific to these HT engines), here is a link that lists about every HT part. It is real hard for me to understand what a “thingy”, “whatcha ya call it” “thing of a jig” is.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-parts-c-4.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aBeJuoS--VQWwXysc07rpscTUbPzgc93xjiQBgsyFjc/edit?pli=1

I have a link in my signature that everyone starting out with a Chinese 2 cycle ought to read. This deals with pre installing a HT engine in the frame.

Once again, welcome to the world of MB’s, and have a safe, enjoyable riding experience.
Ron

John H.

Aug 25, 2010
Milwaukee Wi
I have been having problems with my moterized bicycle lately. Previously i have been having problems with the spark plug boot but solved that with changing to a connector from a car spark plug boot. and now after my bike runnig perfectly for about a month it will not start. I can sit there and petal for 7 blocks straight and it will not ignite at all. then after trying for about fifteen min. i got it to start... kinda it was not ignigting tight it sounded kindof sick andwould not propell me much and then it would die and same thing happens when i try it for a while. but now in present tense it will not start nomater what i do. if you have any thoughts or any useful info. please do not hesitate to help and thank you very much!
For what it's worth. I had a frustrating lack of start on a China Girl. Couldn't find the cause for love or money.... until I took the carb apart during the winter and and the brass cable sleeve (little hexagonal doo-dad numbered 45 here :http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2str...c-4_10.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544).

It had unscrewed itself completely and was laying in the bottom of the bowl.
Screwed it back on. screwed the bowl on. Starts like a champ now...

John H.