Two years ago wiped out by fire...

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Just about this time two years ago I was about to head out on my spring migration from Maryland to home in Minnesota when disaster struck. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=18610
My stake bed truck was loaded to the gills with personal possessions including tools, a 1939 Elgin, a couple of vintage Schwinns, an old Huffman, motors, wheels, etc. I was to leave the next morning and had just filled the gas tank in town when the owner of this place I care-take told me my truck was on fire. Boy, was it.

With most of my things gone and no way home I was feeling pretty low. I shared what happened with members of this forum and the kindness and generosity shown me here was overwhelming. Before long , with a lot of help from my friends, I had an old Jeep Cherokee and was on my way home.

Once again I am ready to head home with the Jeep stuffed like a tick and a couple of sweet rides on my bike trailer. The Jeep has well over 200,000 miles on it and still doesn't burn oil, still runs strong. Aaniimoosh the wonder dog knows what's up and is hanging close so I don't forget and somehow leave her behind.

Two years have passed, but my gratitude to you good folks is as fresh in my mind and heart as if the fire was yesterday. This forum has given me much. I'll be doing a pipe ceremony of thanksgiving this evening and want you to know that you good folks will be in it.
Miigwetch (thank you),
SB

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
2 years. That's amazing. I remember it clearly and I can't believe it's been two full years since that event, SB. Age has a way of distorting time.

Put some good stuff in that pipe and know that you're a memebr of a great bunch of people who honestly care about their fellow members. Ride on my friend. Have a safe trip and keep that puppy dog close by.

Tom

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It is so good to know that you got back on your feet!!() Yeah two years already. Time is flying by me to fast!