chain tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Can you post a pic of sideview of your chain run?

It might be good to take a link off the chain, then re-position the tensioner on the chainstay, AND lower on it's bracket, to put less leverage on the clamp-on tensioner.
And as Alf said, the tensioner must be well anchored.

I spit the chain TWICE today on my Schwinn.
It's all my fault, but gosh do I hate rag joints AND tensioners!
Hope I can sort out mine tomorrow...

Good luck
rc

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
Ill look into it but i put locktite on the bolt oof the spindal that the chain rides on n that wont budge but i've tried sliding the tensioner back but it just seems to keep moving or something and i use my phone to do all this it wont let me attach picture's if ud like to see i can.send em to ur email

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
boc, maybe u could u/l pics to a hosting service, then use that url here?

the prob is NOT usually with the tensioner bracket mounting bolts coming loose, but some chainstays are too narrow for it to get a good grip. AND, they may slip, pulling into the spokes, which makes for a busted up rear wheel and frequently a crash.
Pinning the tensioner, or welding it is a good idea, if you are going to run one.
...and the bearing in the stock ones are not very high quality, either.

I am now running without a tensioner, and think my chain probs are only from bad alignment, or the dumb ragjoint!

I just gotta say it again... anyone serious about any degree of reliability from their chinagirl kit will buy a hub adapter from one of our vendors!

I'll get one next time I see a windfall!

Best
rc

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
My chinagirl does pretty good minus the fact of chain n oil leak i just switched to a 32:1 gas ratio n got a giant power boost n all oil leaks have seemed to stop im thinking about removing the chain tensioner but don't want the chain to come off or slip so ill probably tac weld wit to the frame with a mig welder