HELP im a beginner and cant keep bike running

GoldenMotor.com

cagle4cagle

Oct 29, 2011
California
Hey i just got a motorized bike kit from ebay and built it on my bike. When i try to start it it only runs for about 30 seconds if in lucky. The gas does not freely flow and does not fill the fuel line completely. I tip the bike back which fills the tube up but after punning it for 30 seconds the tube empties again and the bike dies.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor and open the fuel petcock. You should get a steady stream of fuel flowing. If not then the petcock and or the in-tank filter is clogged. The kit supplied fuel tanks are notorious for containing rust and trash and should be cleaned prior to filling with fuel the first time.
We highly suggest to start with a 24:1 fuel/oil mix for break in then move down to a 32:1mixture after a few gallons. 16:1 is a bit oil rich and is just one of the fallacies you might see in the instructions that came with your kit.
Tom

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Try starting your bike with the gas cap removed. If it runs without stalling, then you might be missing the vent hole in your cap.
The last few kits I received from BGF have no vent holes in the cap, and had to be added in order for the engine to stay running.

dakota47l1

Oct 2, 2011
st louis mo.
Disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor and open the fuel petcock. You should get a steady stream of fuel flowing. If not then the petcock and or the in-tank filter is clogged. The kit supplied fuel tanks are notorious for containing rust and trash and should be cleaned prior to filling with fuel the first time.
We highly suggest to start with a 24:1 fuel/oil mix for break in then move down to a 32:1mixture after a few gallons. 16:1 is a bit oil rich and is just one of the fallacies you might see in the instructions that came with your kit.
Tom
i agree with 2 door...and i will add...ditch the stock fuel petcock and get the sick bike parts petcock it will save you trouble...but it doesnt have built in filter so you will need an inline filter.i had the same problem with my stock one it doesnt flow well.