Throttle at very high ide after drop

GoldenMotor.com

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Hi all I lived in fear of the day the bike would topple, today it did, not far and not all that hard, barley put a scratch in the recoil cover, but when I started it it damn near took off. I thought maybe the float stuck, and road back hitting the odd bump or two, to see if it will self correct. it did not.

The cable is good it seems to travel the full range as before, but is chomping at the bit to go.

Any advice would be grand!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It would help us a lot if we knew what engine/carburetor you have.

2 stroke or 4? In frame or rack mount?
Have you removed the air cleaner and checked the action of the carburetor when you twist the throttle? It should move smoothly and return to the idle position when you release the twist grip.

If a 2 stroke in frame, is the carburetor still tight on the intake manifold? Is there any sign of impact damage to the carb or manifold?

Get back to us with a little information and we'll try to offer more help.
Tom

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
it is a 31cc 4 cycle new, the throttle and mech at the engine seem to move all the same. it is a friction roller drive

This is a china made honda engine from livefast motors.

It did not hit all that hard no part of the carb hit anything, it rolled ove the kick stand and then onto its side, landing flat on the recoil.

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Well me feelin a lil foolish, the prob was the handle bars rotated, pulling the cable tight keeping it from returning to idle.

Me face is red....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Well me feelin a lil foolish, the prob was the handle bars rotated, pulling the cable tight keeping it from returning to idle.

Me face is red....
Don't feel embarrassed. There's an old thread here somewhere and it's full of confessions by some of the most experienced builders who missed obvious problems. Everyone does it. Example: Trying to figure out why the engine quit and won't start when the reason was an empty fuel tank :) I can't imagin who that guy was.
Glad you found/fixed the problem.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Thanks I, I do seem to have those senior moments...

I once bought a kz 100, it had been chained to a tree for a year when I called and asked ok what is wrong with it. He took it to the gas station filled up and it would not start.
I bought it for a song.

Dark setting in I asked a bud to start on one side and start looking for probs, I did the same and as my hand touched the plug wire it wiggled, the plug was loose!

2 turns and ring ding ding.

Thanks to all!