I feel stupid for asking...Clutch question

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hi guys, I was wondering if the large bevel gear in the dry friction clutches on ht's is always moving. This seems like a stupid question but it is important so I can know logistically if I can work on developing an auto lubrication system for my two stroke. If it goes well, I may have a product on my hands, if it fails, I'm out the cost of parts plus a new engine. We'll see how this goes. If the large bevel is not constantly spinning I'll need to be more creative, but my straight forward logic tells me that if the engine is running it is moving.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Thank you so much! This will help a lot because now I know that it will work to weld a small bevel gear to the driveshaft of an oil pump and I can then try to get this to work!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
LS614,
There's no such thing as a stupid question. There are however stupid people who will not ask before they screw things up. :)
Hope Nougat's response helped you out.
Tom

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Thanks 2door! I suppose you're right, I definitely feel at my most stupid when I didn't bother to look something up before I went ahead and did something.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Try riding the bike with the cover off?
It won't hurt anything....and would have easily answered your question.
Hi guys, I was wondering if the large bevel gear in the dry friction clutches on ht's is always moving. This seems like a stupid question but it is important so I can know logistically if I can work on developing an auto lubrication system for my two stroke. If it goes well, I may have a product on my hands, if it fails, I'm out the cost of parts plus a new engine. We'll see how this goes. If the large bevel is not constantly spinning I'll need to be more creative, but my straight forward logic tells me that if the engine is running it is moving.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
The thing is though that my engine is no longer installed :D I'm planning a big overhaul so that wouldn't work :)