Spark plug problem

GoldenMotor.com

martinjstn

Jul 6, 2012
MD
i had to replace my plug.. here is a ngk bpr6es.. which everyone said it would work... look at the difference.. i ended up bending the tip becuase i figured i would try it anyway..

anyone with a proper ngk part number for me??

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
You gotta make sure the spark plug is not too long else the piston will hit it. As it is with a lot of parts it's best to take the old part in with you when you buy the new one to know it is the right part.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
NGK B6HS, or 7534.
Your plug appears to be much too long. Be careful that you don't get piston interference.

I don't have an NGK plug chart but I think the PR designation means 'extended'. I've heard the 'R' means it is a resistance plug. That you don't need.

I've run Champion #811 (L82C) and the shorty Autolite #2976 when spark plug to frame clearance is an issue.
Tom

Last edited:

martinjstn

Jul 6, 2012
MD
NGK B6HS, or 7534.
Your plug appears to be much too long. Be careful that you don't get piston interference.

I don't have an NGK plug chart but I think the PR designation means 'extended'. I've heard the 'R' means it is a resistance plug. That you don't need.

I've run Champion #811 (L82C) and the shorty Autolite #2976 when spark plug to frame clearance is an issue.
Tom
ok thanks for the input.. im gonna write down all those number and hopfully the auto parts store will have one!

thanks a bunch!
justin

martinjstn

Jul 6, 2012
MD
gotcha.. thanks for the chart! i went ahead and bought a champion 811 or L82C.. he tried to give me a 841 but i wanted the exact part number 2door gave me lol. they seem to be the same size.. i guess we will see tonight