Is this wheel a good deal ?

GoldenMotor.com

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
I dont really know much about bike parts so I am wondering if someone could tell me if this is a good deal.

WEINMANN 36H 26" ALLOY HEAVY DUTY COASTER BRAKE WHEEL

Its $58 bucks and $21 for shipping.

WEINMANN 36H 26" ALLOY HEAVY DUTY COASTER BRAKE WHEEL - eBay (item 200487637113 end time Aug-23-10 18:59:12 PDT)

If anyone knows of a better deal for a rear wheel , please speak up ! Or if a vendor here can beat that number........

My goal is to find a heavy duty wheel with 12g spokes so I can put a sprocket adapter on it.

Thanks !

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
SOB !

Right after I click the buy it now button on ebay for the adapter , I receive an emails :

tomorrow night they will be back up on the site. CB-110's New Style..

Thanks
Justin
Thats from Pirate Cycles.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Where the heck can I order a MM sprocket adapter ? Every place I see them they are out of stock or coming soon !!!!

Only one I can find is this one on ebay but its not MM :

Sprocket Adapter Motorized Bicycle Motor Gas Bike Parts - eBay (item 310236119111 end time Aug-22-10 11:35:21 PDT)

I just bought that wheel. LOL , I paid more for the wheel then I did my bike !

Now I need the adapter.

:)
They have been making adapters for years...

Clamshell Adapters | Parts for Gas Powered Bicycle Motor Kits | Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Wait for the MM adapter to come in. That rim you purchased is also available from Amazon.com. Just make sure you tighten that nut real good on the brake arm.

Good luck

ccc

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I had a set of the Weinman rims and thought they were well made and finished off pretty nicely. There were however burs on the inside of the rim which I cleaned up with a dremel tool to be sure nothing damaged the inner tube. I liked them better than the heavy duty rims from bikeworldusa. Didn't get to use them a whole lot as they were wrecked in a fire. Husky makes a fine heavy duty wheel.
SB

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the rims aren't bad, the spokes are standard, cheap chinese UPC (Universal Chrome Plated) spokes, and the Histop hub is a piece of junk.

they've been known to come from the factory (I think KT makes them) with metal shavings inside, already pitted bearing races, and dried up grease. they fail pretty often, usually imploding into a mess of siezed bearings and molten metal.

luckily, they usually start squeaking and grinding before they self-destruct, so you have some time to figure out how far you have to carry your bike home.

i know this isn't what you wanted to hear, especially since you've already bought the wheel, but next time, you might wanna wait more than 40 minutes from the time you asked for advice, to the time you went ahead and purchased it...:)

Last edited: