Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > 2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits

2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 2 stroke engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!

Old 03-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Electric Start Hidden Wire Build On a Cranbrook.

Cannonball, Awesome info because as much as I try different positions for the engine I can only get the rear mount to flush up on a Cranbrook frame, so ill have too use the bottom two front studs only with a flat plate and a U bolt style mount. Ugly as all get out but will have to do I guess. Take note: any future Cranbrook - BT 80 builders.

Thanks for the engine for the batteries. All battery compositions except the old LA or SLA batteries and dangers of new battery tech are confusing to my gas minded brain. LOL

Ill post some pictures if I get this engine mounted with the hardware I have here
zip
Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Ok I have the engine mounted, hardest one to figure out yet as the starter is in the way to use a u bolt unless one wants to chop off the threads so far nuts wont grab. So i did a hybrid way using the flat plate but utilizing the two studs so ill end up with 3 studs on each side if I add a long bolt in the middle row. Its already solid with 2 of the studs on each side holding and I so can add one more set in that middle row with some work anytime. Either way the rear engine mount is lined up flush and engine seems solid as a drum.

1 now wiring and insulate that exposed metal starter solenoid
2 add a wide crank set
3 install sprocket
4 install battery
5 fill clutch with oil
6 cut fenders short and install
7 add front and rear brakes
8 add headlight and taillight
9 add gas and air
10 hold breath and start and take a ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fank 8IMG_6547.JPG (142.9 KB, 5 views)
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

Hey Zip

Cant you use one of the adjustable CNC front mounts that the CG uses? If so will make a nice neat installation.

Like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Universa...RYj9~a&vxp=mtr

I started with common motor oil in the gear case, but later switched to 80/90wt gear oil with no issues. This oil has EP(extreme pressure) additives which should extend gear life. Also made the gears a bit quieter. They were about as noisy as a CG. Clutch is totally fine with the gear oil.

Last edited by cannonball2; Yesterday at 07:26 AM.
Old Today, 01:19 AM

cannonball I like those but I believe what I have is stronger than just 2 studs as I am using all 4. I've seen those just wish they would have a pull down menu so I guy could pick his size needed for the frame.

Engine is now fully mounted and wired, Fenders are cut small and reinstalled. I added color matched pin strip that I think looks good. Installed both front and rear brakes today
also and about to install the gas tank on a bracket less rear Schwinn rack that is so much cleaner than the rack that came with the tank.

I also added spiral loom to the big control cable. 3rd pict. I really recommend this spiral wrap as it can surround more than one wire and it really protects the wires big-time. comes in 3/8" ID and 1/4" Id. Ill be using it on the rest of the wires that are exposed that wont be many.

I am really loving this build so far for many reasons. Has a real custom look to it and is one of my favorites so far. Love all those wires hidden have less wires than any build so far as even the CDI is gone. Just look at all the wires behind the panel in the first pict...yowie... Lots of steps yet, but getting there slowly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fank3IMG_6550.JPG (139.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Fank3IMG_6551.JPG (130.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Fank3 IMG_6553.JPG (127.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Fank 4 IMG_6559.JPG (146.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Fank 4IMG_6561.JPG (148.5 KB, 1 views)
Old Today, 01:26 AM

Top view, of the FANK, lots of room in there for maybe even a small LIPO as Cannonball said will fire the starter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fank 4 IMG_6560.JPG (119.0 KB, 1 views)