First build

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
well frame arrived. Very nice frame I have to say. Will try to post photos after work today.

In the mean time now I just have to order the threaded double springer forks I am looking at so I can prime and paint everything at once. Might need to also purchase the shift kit as the main bracket will be painted same color as well.

Rusty_S85

May 4, 2017
Houston
Little update, today I spent the better part of the day painting my frame. Havent painted the fork yet as I am going to measure and cut the threadless steertube down before I chemically strip the black powder coat off and prep it for paint.

But info for my process is as follows.

After masking the frame off and hanging it for paint, I used a lint free blue mechanic paper towel and a bottle of Eastwood Pre to remove any handling oils from the frame as well as prep it for primer. I put three thin coats of Dupli-Color Self Etching primer on the frame. I followed this up with three thin coats of 1949/1950 Dodge red which is the same mixing formula code as Coke-Cola Red which I read is a near perfect match for 1940`s Indian Red. After this I placed as straight as I could my Gold/Black "Indian" script decals, this was followed up with three coats of automotive grade clear. There are some dullish spots due to over spray of the clear which should come off when I go to buff the clear with the buffing compound. If not being base coat/clear coat it will be easy to spray thicker clear in those dull spots then buff out the over spray to blend it in.

Anyways heres the photos I have.

Primered

Base Coat

Base Coat w/Script decal

First coat of clear

Second coat of clear

Third coat of clear