Annoying 'Popping' Nose On Cold-Start

GoldenMotor.com
Feb 2, 2017
California
Whenever I cold-start my bike, there is a loud pop pop pop noise that I'm assuming is coming from my exhaust manifold pipe...... I've tightened it down to make sure it isn't leaking and I see no holes in it. My question is, what's causing the pop pop pop sound when starting the motor up? It's never done this before, perhaps I need to take off the exhaust cap at the end and clean the pipe? Is the pipe clogged and just needs to be cleaned internally?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Whenever I cold-start my bike, there is a loud pop pop pop noise that I'm assuming is coming from my exhaust manifold pipe...... I've tightened it down to make sure it isn't leaking and I see no holes in it. My question is, what's causing the pop pop pop sound when starting the motor up? It's never done this before, perhaps I need to take off the exhaust cap at the end and clean the pipe? Is the pipe clogged and just needs to be cleaned internally?
Potato in exhaust?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
reminds me of being a kid back around '52 - we did that to a car and it blew out and shattered a huge plate glass window in a store it was parked in front of