Interesting use of a china girl motor...

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Re: Interesting use of a china girl...

Cool. I saw a post once where a guy rack mounted a China girl on his bike.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona

The original wannabe Flying Horse motor I got from BB had a flier where it showed agricultural usage for this motors. Perhaps that was the original design and someone adapted them to bikes?

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona

I would venture a guess that it would be a cutter or harvester of some kind possibly for rice patties. Possibly a older version of something like

Since we cannot see the other side of the engine I'm going to venture a guess that its a pull start.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Is there any other applications for a China girl Other than on the bike
There was an old post here a few years ago showing a Chinese 2 stroke powering a boat.
I have no idea where it might be but the engine drove a long driveshaft with a propeller on the end, inboard fashion. It was from Asia, Thailand maybe?

Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

It's used for turning white rice to brown rice if using a 32:1 mixture ;)

If you run it leaner like 50:1.......it turns white rice to wild rice very quickly!

The manual say's not to run richer than 32:1 or you'll get black soy rice with a very burnt taste. Thin with rice vinegar.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

I've seen a couple go-karts with little wheels and china-kit engines. You wouldn't even need a pull start if it was geared right; just take a running start with the clutch pulled in, jump on, and dump it.