Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

New to forum

Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default New to forum

Hello! Newbie here!

Just acquired a slightly used engine kit and going to pick up a Schwinn Del Mar from a guy at work tomorrow. He also has a new-in-box engine kit that I might get also.

Is there any way to tell what cc the used engine is? There are no markings and I did not get all of the paperwork with it.

Looking forward to building a couple bikes as soon as I collect all the parts and fit these new projects in with all the others in the works.

Kruzn
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: New to forum

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us. Sounds like you have a good start already.

If you could post a photo of your engine we'll be able to tell you about the size (cc). A good rule of thumb is to measure the cylinder head stud size, not the nuts, the stud diameter. If the studs are 8mm then you have the larger, 66/70 cc engine. If the studs are 6mm you have a 49cc.
Good luck, have fun and ride safe.
tom
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: New to forum

Thanks guys!

The studs are 6mm, so it's 49cc. I'll have to check the other kit I'm going to look at tomorrow, but if it's a good deal I'll probably buy it regardless, even though I'd rather have the larger engine.

I'm thinking I'll do a couple "easy" conversion builds first. What I really want to build is a Predator 99 or 212 at a later date. Too many other car and bike projects to finish up first though!

A few years ago I had a new Schwinn OCC Chopper and an old 3-wheel bike that was going to donate it's rear frame and axle to make an OCC trike. But I got tired moving it around the shop and sold everything!

This used motor showed up at our church rummage sale this past weekend and peaked my interest again. Actually, I passed it up since I have "too many" projects as it is. But then my wife went and bought it for me! It came with a Jesse James West Coast Choppers bike in ratty condition, so I stripped off all the engine kit parts and donated the bike back to the rummage sale!

Kruzn