Newby to the site, with a bicycle project

GoldenMotor.com

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
Hey everyone, my name is Paul. I bought a 80cc/66cc 2 stroke motor kit off ebay. I am going to attempt to put it on a old "Sears & Roebuck Inc" single speed bicycle. I believe it's from the mid 70's because of the "BMA" decal painted on it. I picked the bike up for $10, I figured it was a good project. It has an odd ball size for the rims, 1 3/8 x 26, which is bigger than the modern 26. My main concern with finding a bike was it had to be a older steel bike. Now that I have almost everything I have some ?'s that I'm hoping to get some help. It comes with a 40t sprocket, I want to change it out with a 27-32t sprocket. Will this help me out and how much? I'm looking to make it a little faster.I seen some racing sprockets on ebay that are made out of heat treated alum, anyone have some feedback on these? Will they hold up like cro-mo steel sprocket? Has anyone heard of "boygofast" on ebay? Thats where i got my kit, I was wondering if the "CNS" carb will fit all 2 stroke Chinese engines? I'm going to port & polish the intake and exhaust and put on a performance muffler with a chamber. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks for stopping by xct2

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
first get your engine and stock stuff mounted on bike and running good.
i am using the 44t and it gets me up hills,takes off fast and has a good top speed.
44t more torque for hills and pulling,higher rpms at top speed,top speed 28-35mph.
36t less torque for hills or pulling,lower rpms at top speed(good),speed 35-40mph.

if you use too small of a sprocket you wont even be able to get the bike moving.

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the info, I have always had the need for speed. I just broke the bike down today so I can repack the bearings and paint it.

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Good starting procedures, Paul. There is nothing like having and old bike with new paint and good bearings.

When you assemble your bike, please do make sure you have GOOD brakes, both front and rear. You´re going to need them with the engine running.

If you install disk brakes in front is the best. Please post some pictures of your project.

See You in the Road !!!

sajoe

Jun 3, 2009
San Antonio TX
I bought a BGF kit off of ebay and everthing has been fine so for. I did change out the bolts, studs and nuts. I bought a new chain and did away with the tensioner. Nothing broke I just wanted better stuff.