GoldenMotor.com

Bean

Aug 13, 2010
Montreal
hello everyone,i am new to this i just ordered a engine kit and am going to look at a few bikes tommorow anyone have any sugestions on what style of bike i should look at and what to look for?
the kit is 80cc;s.also i just moved to montreal and am wondering if there are any outhers from here and if there are any stores specializing in these parts.
thanks bean

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I would look for a decent used mid level mountain bike or "hybrid" bike. Something with a strong steel or steel alloy frame. As long as your frame is strong, the rest of your components can be changed as you have the budget and inclination. If you are into cruisers you may want to wait for some other opinions, I use a 26 inch MT bike and love it.

As far as parts go the, I have found that the local hardware store has most of the basics to make most of the stuff found on this site, I will admit that some of my stuff, like my engine mounts, are not as pretty as the machined ones some fellas make and sell, but 57 cents for electrical box covers and a few bolts later I have a decent looking imitation motor mounts.

Schwinn the Fox

Aug 13, 2010
Stafford Springs, CT
I got a 80cc Skyhawk kit and i fit it onto a 1976 Schwinn Stingray Fastback. Its a tight squeeze but this is a fun little toy for me, if you want something like a crusing bike, then schwinn makes nice models for that. Usually on the site that you got your kit from, there are bikes there for sale. Try to look for those. Other then that, I like the schwinn style for these motors.
.wee.

Bean

Aug 13, 2010
Montreal
thanks for the info guys i will keep you updated with my build; also does a guy need to upgrade the rims to handel the speed?