Speedo no not the swim suit

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I found a nice looking mech. speedo from Amazon.com sold out of a cycle shop in AZ. It came with absolutely no instructions, not even a picture. It was pretty much self explanatory I hooked up the cable to the fitting marked L because I put the drive on the left fork leg. It ran backwards so I switched it to fitting marked R (go figure) and it works. Took it for a ride and I do like it. The bike is a pretty good runner 20 mph is very easy (the motor is not beating itself to death) I had it up to over 25 but as I have only ran maybe a tank of gas through it and didn't want to do a full tilt run yet. I do like the bike. I find it comfortable to ride. Clutch is still a bear & cold starting is (imhop) hard. I am running it a bit rich and will lean it out with my next gas can fill up. I am actually considering the build of another one. I would be going for the classic antique look and would probably do a full frame tear down. I think this motor is really OK I was naive in thinking this would be a turn key kit. On the next build I plan to work the motor a bit before just plunking it in and thinking it will be a go.

Jim Cbrnot

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Is there any adjustment for varying wheel sizes? If not, then how would you know if it's accurate with your specific bike? I ask because I wouldn't mind going analog with a nice chrome body on my cruiser.

Thanks!

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
Nougat is correct - that is the one - my needle is pretty stable so far anyway. I only want to ride 20 & have something in reserve. There is a big difference in engine feel & sounds from 20 to 25+