WOW ! I thought I was on my own...

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I know it made your day to know something you put together is approved by others. Good job!

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Nice! Time for me to start ordering my bits, it won't be as classy, but it'll be there! And award yourself a pint or other suitable recreation, you deserve it. ()

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Cheers mate, It does'nt matter how old you are lol, I had that exam feeling of sickness before the test, then there was a trainee tester trying to pick holes in everything which made me wana spew up, I was thinking SOD OFF YA GIT, but when it passed It made it better having been scrutineered twice, after though I was singing all the way home lol !

dance1

247Jude

Apr 4, 2009
Sudbury
Welcome to the site, looks like you are well on your way. Since you know your way around a weilder you should put a tube through the hole you drilled. It may crack at that point.

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
GET IN ! Archies little ped the mighty 'Viking Nik Nik' has FINALLY rode through the last flaming hoop of tests an paperwork today :) and been awarded a nice new reg plate and tax disc, got the insurance an every thing now so I'm off for a ride.
I will say when I started this project I didnt really know if Id do it or not, had a bit (lot) of a fear about DVLA an MSVA process and just went ahead in my own bumbling way, all along the process everyone involved from those departments has been really helpfull an keen to help and I cant fault them at all, to everyone that helped....Cheers !
There now, done.
Now for something a little bigger :D

There ya go Nick, for you mate.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good news! Like I said before I wonder how many of us here in the States would have built our bike if we had as many laws and inspections to pass.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Nice one, now it's down to me to get backside in gear and do mine.

With the "vintage" style of what you've got, have you thought about mailshotting theatrical props suppliers with a "1920s+-" bike for hire?

dougy

Jan 17, 2011
Southport, England
Mmmmm no I never even thought about that, do you recon anyone would be interested ? That would be cool ! I might look into that mate. In the mean time 20 odd mph don't seem fast enough to warrant a full size motorbike lid so I've glued an ACU racing sticker on me works bump hat an hey presto I'm legal... Maybee.... Naaaa..... Arhh well never mind Lol

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You could always get something really vintage replica and legal, and some tweeds to earn some cash as an extra as well.