Newbie from NC with a few questions :-)

GoldenMotor.com

mermaidrancher22

Jul 26, 2010
Richlands, NC
Greetings

I have a slightly complex situation and was hoping to inquire about potential resources ...

I am looking to getting back into recreational riding. Because of some medical issues (MS, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), I have been investigating electric bikes. I am currently in a situation where I have a surplus of bikes and equipment, while I still lack the exact bike that I need. I would love to find someone who can restore one of the older vintage bikes I have while adding an electric motor. Even more ideal would be someone who would be willing to barter some of the work for some of the other bikes/equipment that I have at my disposal. I live in coastal NC -- roughly an hour from Wilmington and travel back and forth to Atlanta, GA for medical treatment. Any resources or assistance which you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Regardless, thanks to everyone in advance for their time and have a great day!

drn2

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy MerMaidRancher, welcome. I am to far away to be of use but lots of folks down your way. Some great people here.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome mermaidrancher :D

If I may - I'd suggest placing a request in Swap And Shop as sadly, our intro threads don't get as much traffic as you'd expect (I r guilty too *shame*) & while they may be indeed stinkeh 2strokers instead of the green electrics, have you checked out http://motorbicycling.com/f38/rustoration-build-off-13144.html thread? Ol' Silver, bairdco & I brought back some crusty cruisers w/step by step pictures and examples covering everything from patina preservation to complete tear down & refinish... it's not as difficult as it appears & even with arthritis it may be something you could take on yourself... tho ya may wish to forgo the psycho power tools I'm so fond of heh

Still, no matter whatcha choose ta do, I'm glad ya found our lil place - good ta have ya here (^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im from nc in high point and I ride an ebike but I dont drive a car so I cant get down to help with the restore. Anything else I can do just ask.

I have had a couple of heart attacks and some neuro problems so I have special needs myself.