attaching different gas tanks

GoldenMotor.com

zolson88

Apr 3, 2011
ohio
ive noticed a lot of people on this site use tanks from mopeds and motorcycles im just curious as to how you attached them to a bike frame?

Mar 31, 2013
RI
ive noticed a lot of people on this site use tanks from mopeds and motorcycles im just curious as to how you attached them to a bike frame?
yeah man, the best way to answer this is for you to go hunting for pictures of bikes with the tanks you speak of and examine how they are mounted, ...or directly ask the builder who's using the tank you want.

peace, bozo

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Mounting a motorcycle fuel tank isn't difficult but you really need access to a welder and be able to fabricate mounts. I use motorcycle fuel tanks on all of my bikes and they are all different and required different mounting techniques. I've used Susuki, Yamaha and tanks designed for Harleys.

What fuel tank are you considering using? How did it mount to the original frame? I always try to duplicate the original mounts on my bike frames to match the fuel tank with exceptions. I've modified a couple of tanks to match my bike frames.

Good luck and be creative. Just be sure the mounts are secure and be careful welding to/on a tank.

Tom