Hello !!

GoldenMotor.com

BA_Alpha

Jun 6, 2013
California
I have stumbled onto this hobby just recently out of necessity. I have three torn ligaments in my knee and need a way of transportation around burning man and I came upon motorizing my recently purchased tricycle. I am not sure if it can be done but I am here to find out. Regardless the whole concept really appeals to me and I see future projects past my current regardless of the outcome. Either way hello everybody!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

Concerning Burning Man --- I'd highly suggest that you go the electric route with your trike. You can even recharge it with a solar charger. Those folks tend to frown on the loud fossil fuel burners while at the festival.

Good luck with your build!!

BA_Alpha

Jun 6, 2013
California
My first consideration was that but having been there years in the past electric concerns me with how a night can get away from you and suddenly you are dead in the water with no power. I may be speaking from ignorance concerning the electric route but at least with a gas route someone can go grab the gas can so I can fill up lol ;)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
BA- Welcome to the forum! There are many people here who are well informed and willing to help out. It's a good bunch of folks.
I however, am not so well informed, but as to your original post; yes, it can be done. If sound is an issue, there are many threads here on how to quiet most any engine.
Use the search bar at the top of the page for things you're curious about, and you will be surprised how much info is already on here.
Post pics of your project and your adventures on it!