Hey from Berlin!

GoldenMotor.com

Camaro8000

Sep 23, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Hi!

I'm from Berlin / Germany and at the time i'm building my first motorized bike.
First succesfull test drive was today (finally!). I started with a Velor Timeshifter frame, I think this bike is only available in Europe... but it's a nice base for a boardtracker project. I'll post some more pictures and videos when it's done.

Here in Germany, motorized bicycles are just legal without a license plate when they are under 33cc and drive less than 20km/h
(~ 12.5 mph)... everything with more power needs a license plate; to get one it has to be checked by the TÜV which is very very expensive and nearly impossible to pass... :( I can ride my bike on the street, but only when there's no police around ;)
Anyway, just two motors are available here (49cc or 80cc) and a few parts like air filters and regeneration kits.

Greetings form Berlin
Camaro / Jonas :)

Attachments

pdog

Apr 8, 2013
ct
sorry to here about the law...Subaru makes a 33cc engine I believe its still available but more expensive than a Chinese style 50 cc...in the USA the law changes from state to state and Im lucky my state department of motor vehicles says that my bicycle with a "helper motor" or Moped can be 5 brake horsepower or less and have a 26 or 27 inch minimum seat height to ride on just about every street except for our interstate and maybe some other major highways.. and you only need a driver license for that--no plates/registration or insurance required. :).my 50 cc is so fast that I need a longer straighter road to want to test my top speed comfortably and safely or the first time as my road is maybe a quarter mile and in a rough c shape...you should move here for the better moped laws and we could race!!

pdog

Apr 8, 2013
ct
so I have about the same engine kit as you but you have a 1 pedal speed cruiser bike which I wanted but I did not want to buy it. I have my kit on a a 15 pedal speed mountain bike with over rear wheel rack, contoured bench/stool seat, headlight and taillight and mirrors installed :) I just have to adjust the crowded handlebar controls and pray it doesnt break when im flying around! have you thought about adding any extras?

Camaro8000

Sep 23, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Would love to live there! I spent the half day looking for cars on the street so i could ride when there was definitely no civil-style police car :D One of these stopped me in front of my house a year ago, when i was too fast late at night with my old moped, after they followed me nearly the whole way home... :/

Of course i'll add some extras! I thought about vintage head- and backlights, a stoplight, a small mirror on the left and an ignition lock on top of the fuel tank. An old analog speedo is already installed ;) The image I attached above is an old one... At the moment, the bike is full motorized, just the custom fuel tank, a front brake and those extras are missing. An expensive hobby :D

Today I reached around 30-40 km/h or 21-25 mph... Not shure if i can tune it up a little bit, but already a strange feeling to go that fast on a cruiser bike.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I visited Germany once, in the middle of the night for a few hours. I got off of a C141 while it refueled to get a hot dog at Rein Main enroute to Saudi Arabia. I want to stay a while next time. You have a good looking motorbike.