Expansion exhaust mounting

GoldenMotor.com

Mo'Beffah

Mar 17, 2010
Hawaii
The last thing to do at the end of a long rebuild is to mount my new SBP expansion exhaust. Just mocking it up I can tell it's gonna flow nice. I am gonna have to cut a little on the attachment with the bend in it. Maybe take off four inches or so. Will this effect the performance? Also the reason for this thread is the sbp site is down and they have directions and this is the last thing I need to do. Am I gonna have to weld this or are those heavy duty rubber sleeves enough? Pls help. I do have awesome places that I'll be able to anchor the exhaust to with those springs provide. Any info appreciated. A diff site or help itself. I looked for info on here but no mounTing guide.

dnut

Last edited:

caprirs302

Jul 6, 2009
Home
Holy crap, how did you mount that thing? It looks like that will shake and break, I hope not for your sake.

Anyhow, I mounted my pipe the best way that it would fit my bike, which was no way near how they had it on their webpage. Just try to fit it and see if you like it. Also, I found that if you use nothing but springs to hold it on, it works really well. The mounts that I attempted to use would all break, but the springs it comes with work great on the front, and if you put the pipe on the RIGHT side, there is a mounting point for some more springs on the back. I just ran some springs from the back of the pipe to the springs under my seat to hold it up. Works Great.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
The spring works well. I don't think you can weld to copper anyways. and yes the engine mounts look weak. The pic is too fuzzy to see what you did but It doesn't look right.