Old "hippie" taking on new form of hot rod

GoldenMotor.com

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Well ... "hippie" in the sense that my hips have gotten me into this. I have a long history with hot rods and custom cars and a trike, but double hip replacement has made me begin turning to lighter forms of grease ball entertainment. So I'll play with some bikes. I have a lot of fabrication experience, but I'm new to this, so have a lot to learn. I'm starting with a Fito Modena 7-speed retro beach cruiser and a 4-stroke 49cc kit. I'll turn the handlebars upside down, mount a brass-era headlamp and tail lamp I have lying around, put a round gas tank behind the seat, add a panel under the top rail that reads "Hammett Motor-Bike Co." and add some white tires. That should be a fun. Also building a Schwinn Delmar based, 49cc 2-stroke with a student of mine as a mission project to be sent off to Haiti.

I might have a couple spare round gas tanks available (1/2 gallon, new), so let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fish,
Thanks for joining us and welcome. I think you'll find a lot of us old hot rodder/fabricators here that have found an avenue for our skills that doesn't require the dollars or physical efforts required in our previous endeavors. Your projects sound interesting so post some photos of your builds to share with the other members. Keep in touch.
Tom

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Fishguts.These things are a lot of fun.Expecially when you park one next to a $40,000 Harley and people pay more attention to your bike than the Harley.Kip.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. A well built motorbike has stolen the spotlight from a motorcycle on many occasions.