Howdy Folks

GoldenMotor.com

TheListenMission

Aug 23, 2008
My name is David.
I am a college student at the New College of Florida, taking time off from my senior year (risky, I know). I am from Atlanta, but have been in Seattle for over a month gearing up for a bicycle tour back to Atlanta.
I started a little over a month ago, but was very quickly foiled by cartilage damage in my knee. So I've spent the past month working on a China motor to help me up the hills. As I'm sure you all know, this has been a rather frustrating process, but I am now in my second day on the road. This morning my idler pulley disappeared as I was flying down a hill, so I replaced it with a sprocket from a rear derailleur, and it seems somewhat effective.

So I do have a couple of questions:
Maintenance: I read the thread on the maintenance schedule, but it seems so incredibly involved and requires access to various tools and solutions that are not really convenient when you've piled your entire life on a mountain bike. Could anyone tell me a slightly leaner maintenance schedule edited for only the absolute essential maintenance items?
Also: did anyone find that their baffle was dented in the middle, as if it were clamped? Is this a problem?

Hmm, that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there will be more to come. Thanks, and I look forward to being a part of discussions rather than just a reader.

If you want to see pictures of my rig, you can find them through my blog which can be found on my website: Thelistenmission