WHICH 80cc motor is the BEST

GoldenMotor.com

gasbikerxl

Sep 24, 2012
u.s.
I have an 80cc black flying horse, it runs well, BUT, the transmission is very loud and screechy, once I was riding it and a guy yelled out, "Why is that thing so loud!", as I passed by. Since I got this motor , I've seen about 8 other 2cycle motorbikes, and none of them make this loud screechy transmission noise, and I thought, " I want whatever motorkit they're drivin,cuz, I hate the loud screechy noise. So, my question is, are these motorkits all made by the same DUDE?. If not, which ones are selling the smoother more quiet running motorkits?

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
They are not all made at the same factory, but they are all made in much the same way - by underpaid workers in China at factories where quality control policies either dont exist or are not enforced. You can buy any kit from any vendor, and it can be a great engine that lasts a long time, or it can be a piece of junk. Some factories manufacture the exact same engines and label them as different brands. There is no such thing as a "best" kit when it comes to these engines. Maybe less crappy? Lol. Your best bet is to either buy from a vendor with good customer service, or buy from ebay where you can get your money back if dissatisfied. Bought my last engine on ebay, and Im happy with it. Bought it from BGF over a year ago, still runnin like a champ today.

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Take the gear cover off the right side of the engine and try greasing the gears. Make sure there's no grease on the clutch pads, as they can slip and squeal if they're coated.

While the cover is off, check the inside of the cover and see if there is a ring of scraped off metal. On some engines, the rods that go through the clutch stick out too far and can scrape on the clutch cover. If this happens, it makes some not too great sounds and can be fixed by adding another gasket or moving the shaft over.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Check with Dax to see if his engines are made by the same company as 4 years ago. If so, buy one. My 4 year old Dax with slant head and stock carb is stronger than my new PK 80 with a MM aftermarket head, read valve intake, and aftermarket carb.