motorized BMX

GoldenMotor.com

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
I just bought this. It's tiny. The builder really crammed that engine in a small frame. only real mod is sideway facing carb. (and the hideous green painted engine) It came with a second complete engine so I couldn't pass it up, needed an engine for another bike. I might sell this, it's too small for me.

I haven't even ridden it yet so we'll see how it handles tomorrow. and put up some better pics.

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
took it out first thing this morning. It runs beautifully. not fast but the guy did a good job building this bike. Way too small for me. Knees are seriously bent trying to pedal and the carb sticks out into my leg room. Seat is way too narrow for my big ass. Riding position is awful, I don't think it would be comfy for any distance.

I guess there's someone out there that wanted a motorized bmx but it seems like a poor choice to me. I don't think you could use it as a bmx on the trails. and if you're going to build a road bike you might as well start with a road bike.

It's kid sized but not legal for a kid to ride in my state and I don't think I'd let my kids ride a motor bike until they're older anyway.

The bike is just a cheap huffy. probably donate to goodwill.

I might put up an ad and see if anyone wants it but will probably just strip it and use the engine on another project. (after I remove/cover the hideous green paint)

I did get a good deal on it, essentially two engines for the price of one.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Nice find, good luck. There should be someone wanting a little bike for booting around campgrounds or something. Might want to paint it first though :p

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
OK, I was wrong. This little bike is a blast. It's not fast but I removed the skinny hard torture device and replaced it with a nice fat seat. Now it's so much fun! I guess I'll keep it, green engine and all.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It kinda looks like the Nutcracker to me.....can't see the sideways carb or the skinny torture device of a seat in that tiny pic....I must need glasses.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Ive been wanting to do a normal BMX bike too but with an old engine that "still works" just to beat the crap out of it. See how far I can push it. Jumping , ruff trails , etc.

:)