New Poster Interested in 12 volt turn signals

GoldenMotor.com

JayEbiker

Nov 23, 2009
chico,ca
I built an electric bike from a kit, and have been using it to commute to work everyday for the past 4 years. My battery box is a converted metal tool box containing 4 12volt sealed lead acid cells that can be switched to provide 24, 36, or 48 volts output, and can be recharges with multiple charges.

I think it would be fun to wire up 12 volt turn signals and a horn. Has anyone ever done this?

I've attached some recycled motorcycle turn signals to the battery box. I found LED bulbs to replace the filament bulbs. I need an LED flasher, and a switch to mount to the handle bars.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
There are some kits available on Ebay but I have no idea how good they are. I'm sure some of the others here have more experience with this.

floatingphotog

Oct 9, 2009
Kewanee, Il
I built an electric bike from a kit, and have been using it to commute to work everyday for the past 4 years. My battery box is a converted metal tool box containing 4 12volt sealed lead acid cells that can be switched to provide 24, 36, or 48 volts output, and can be recharges with multiple charges.

I think it would be fun to wire up 12 volt turn signals and a horn. Has anyone ever done this?

I've attached some recycled motorcycle turn signals to the battery box. I found LED bulbs to replace the filament bulbs. I need an LED flasher, and a switch to mount to the handle bars.
Jay, When I did a turn signal system,I used a Peterson switch box {available from JC Whitney} I guess you could use normally open, momentary push button switches mounted in a small project box from Radio Shack, I used a regular can flasher but needed to add 10 ohm power resisters in paralell with right and left leds. easier than building flasher circuit on board. regards Terry.weld