Engine noise and idle trouble

GoldenMotor.com

May 19, 2011
Australia Newcastle
Hi all,
My bike is going well but idles at the start but after a while when warmed up it has trouble idling.tried many comboes,so is there a trick.

Also my engine makes a high pitch werring noise,and my friends bike has the same engine and it doesn't make this noise.I thought it was the clutch and have adjusted that,so not sure what it is.
Hope someone can help.
Bren.

Aug 2, 2011
San Diego, Califronia
Im a new member, but not new to this stuff.

I know that it is the gears in the engine on the right side. Try putting some grease in there. Run it and add a bit more. If that doesnt help, then it could be a clutch pad sticking out too much and hitting the bell thingy.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Idling can be affected and tuned up by eliminating any possible air leaks (check for them first) and proper jetting/ slide needle/ slide height settings.
Also if you have a CNSv2 carburetor, the "choke" plunger can be messing with you.
Some do not seal closed all the way when the "choke" is turned off.
There is no perfect "this will work for you" settings as no 2 engines are identical.
It also could be a bad spark plug.

If we are discussing an HT 2-stroke then......
The whirring is most likely the sound of the gears meshing together.
Some engines are louder than others.
It could also be the flower nut locking screw or clutch fingers digging into the inside of the clutch cover. Take the cover off and have a look.
As TBN said, try adding a teeny bit of grease to the gears, a blob about the size of a pea, right where the 2 gears mesh. Do not worry about spreading the grease around all of the gear teeth, they will do that automatically when they are spinning.
Caution! Too much grease will only make a mess of the inside of the gear case and possibly contaminate the clutch pads and friction surfaces.

Remember these engines are not knows for stellar quality control and precision fitting parts.
They are cheap, they run well (usually) and they are cheap to buy major replacement parts and tinker/ modify with.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Grease the gears a little and use some Dynomat for the inside of the clutch cover. That should alleviate the noise problem.

May 19, 2011
Australia Newcastle
Hi guy's,
Just checkn if this sounds good for my bike.
Any od sounds,ive been worried about the high pitch noise,or is this normal?
Bren.
Ps-How do i get a m4a sound file on here?