$2,000 Green Hornet

GoldenMotor.com

Christian Dorn

Aug 15, 2010
San Clemente ,California
Hi Everyone,
After 3 months of sweat, blood, and tears, I finally have my motorized bike running!
I do, however, have some questions:

1. When going down hill at about 20 mph, or letting off the throttle and coasting, the motor sounds as though it is having a hard time keeping up with the speed of the bike. Shouldn't it just idle? If I'm going down hill, should I take it out of gear?

2. If I hit a big enough bump, the motor starts making this really loud "clicking" noise and doesn't stop until I kill the motor... Huh?

3. Periodically, when I come to a stop and I engage the clutch, it idles extremely high. Other times, it idles normally when stopped. And some times... it just dies! What's up with that?

Look forward to your professional input,
Christian

Attachments

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
That's hella sexy!!!

1. When you're going down hill, pull in the clutch. Leaving the clutch engaged while rolling down hill is hella bad for it.

2. I'm not sure.

3. Clean out the air fiter. While the air filter is off, look in the air inlet and turn the throttle handle. You might find that the piston thing is getting stuck.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
3 could be an air leak at the carb/intake connection. Have you done a air leak test ?

Can we get a video of the clicking noise ?

Nice chain idler !

:)

Last edited: