Hello from Freewheeler2

GoldenMotor.com

Freewheeler2

Aug 12, 2013
Australia
I have just joined this group with the aim to share my motorised bicycle experiences as well as to learn more about what I consider an enjoyable hobby.

I live in the land down under known as Australia in the most isolated city in the world called Perth.

Although Perth may be an isolated city it certainly caters very well for bicycle riding with its many on-road and off-road riding areas.

I have just run in my first motorised bicycle and learned much in the process including some of the fine-tuning requirements to make it run smoothly. (See attached photos.) But, of course I am still a learner.

I am very grateful that I completed a 3 year Automotive Engineering Course with 3.5 years on the job experience as it has enabled me to understand mechanics and the workings of motors, etc. I have gained experience in many fields over my working career and now have retired early.

I have many interests as you will notice in my profile and enjoy life to the full.dnut (No! I can't do this yet but I'm working on it since this is in my blood. I used to race go-carts on local and state venues hence the need for the occasional thrill! LOL)

Attachments

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
We have a number of members from down under including New Z & Tasmania. You guys were born with gas in your blood stream. Welcome to the forum!
SB

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community. Looks like you won't be needing a lot of help but feel free to ask if there's any advice we can offer. You've built a nice ride. Congratulations.
As was said, we have quite a few members from your part of the world. Motorized bikes must be popular there.

Thanks for joining and sharing the photos of your build.
Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Freewheeler2

Aug 12, 2013
Australia
Thank you for the warm welcome to the Forum Silverbear and 2door. Just like you Silverbear I too am a boy that never grew up and' now I have a new toy to play with! I just love riding my bike. I guess I do have gas in my bloodstream!.

Thank you 2door for the kind compliments re my bike. I loved putting it together. Now that it is run in and off the rich mixture I have been able to tune it so that it purrs like a kitten (well, almost! LOL). Motorized bikes are popular here but even so riding around the streets draws a lot of attention with many smiles and waves (Perth is a friendly city) from the pedestrians. I've even had a few wave me down so that they could have a closer look. I noticed in one of the posts the comment that one will get more attention on a motorized bike than a 100k Harley. How true!