Two stoke oil, whats your preference?

GoldenMotor.com

Cafe Racer

Jun 17, 2010
San Francisco
Ive been riding motorcycles for over 20 years. I have always used either RedLine or a YamaLube product for my dirtbikes.

What do you guys like to use? I havn't installed the motor yet. Still working on a "special" first build. Keeping the motor stock for now. Not looking to do any high performance mods.

Should I just use what I have in the garage? What ratio do you guys like to use?

Miguel

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I use Penzoil for air cooled engines, also called Penzoil outdoor.

Non synthetic, smokes just a tiny bit at 40:1.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Maxima 927 when I'm lazy, degumed virgin pressed castor oil blended with synthetic oil when I need to blend my own. 32:1

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Opti-2, 100:1 and not a single puff of smoke. Nearly 1000 hard miles on my motor.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I use Maxima 927 castor blend for breaking in and then switch to Maxima K2 a full synthetic oil designed fo high revving 2-strokes. Depending on the engine, I run 25:1 thru 50:1. On the china girls it's 25:1 then 32:1 with the full syn. Works for me.

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Homelite exact-mix, cus that was in the garage. I dont know what I will get tomorrow. I'm still breaking in and it smokes bad at idle. I shot for 24:1 on the homelite but who knows what I really got.

miyamoto

Jul 23, 2010
Japan
I know that several of us changed from Yamalube to Penn 100% and at this point I have not heard of anyone changing to anything else. On my 250HPDI, I like it better because of 2 things......(1) although I have NEVER fouled plugs to the point of a performance problem, the plugs now are visibly cleaner.....and that has got to be better in the long run, and (2) I like the absence of the oil smell around the transom when I have been trolling with a following breeze. I think most all of us made the change by running the main tank down low and then refilling with the Penn.

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Opti-2, 100:1 and not a single puff of smoke. Nearly 1000 hard miles on my motor.
yep, this opti-2 stuff is awesome...i had my doubts at first, but then i tried it...the performance of my bike improved greatly, and there is no smoke...she runs cleaner, there is no crud on the spark plug, i am sold...of course my bike only has 2 tanks of gas behind her, but i already noticed a remarkable improvement from the first tank of fuel that had penzoil....shft.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
I run Amsoil Sabre, full synthetic, designed for 100:1, I ran 32:1 for break in and then went to 50:1. No issues so far, no smoke, no smell, no foul.

Mac

grinNbarritt

Jun 4, 2010
Orcutt CA
I got a question for the Opti guys... I scored a sweet lil all orig suzuki moped last nite for 25 bucks! its oil injected, does the Opti bottle say anything about oil injection? I'd ditch the injection if this thing wasnt so nice, plus I'm thinkin of giving it to my daughter. thanks Jim

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I got a question for the Opti guys... I scored a sweet lil all orig suzuki moped last nite for 25 bucks! its oil injected, does the Opti bottle say anything about oil injection? I'd ditch the injection if this thing wasnt so nice, plus I'm thinkin of giving it to my daughter. thanks Jim
You should run an oil made for the ratio your injector pump runs at. It could be 40:1 or 50:1, but you'll need to do some research to find out.

grinNbarritt

Jun 4, 2010
Orcutt CA
Ya I hear ya, if I keep it, injector will hit the shelf. didnt get book n havent looked but injector makes a pretty gooie mix from looks of tailpipe...lol